“In a nutshell, best partnership ever! In the past we had worked with Etix outside of our venue before we took over ownership, and they always went above and beyond to accommodate our needs in every situation. Once we became an Etix client, the added bonus for me was the relationship we got with Rockhouse Partners. Rockhouse has been a key element in helping us take our venue to the next level. In this ever changing, evolving digital landscape they are always thinking of new creative ideas and ways to keep our audience engaged.”
– Lizi Hagan, Marketing Director & Managing Partner of Headliners Music Hall
The days of just stapling flyers to telephone poles are long gone. Nowadays, every venue understands that email marketing can drive website visits and ticket purchases. Recently, Headliners Music Hall partnered with Etix and Rockhouse Partners, our digital marketing team, to do just that.
Headliners Music Hall is a premiere live entertainment venue bringing the best local and national acts to the stage in Louisville, Kentucky. The locally-owned and operated venue has hosted amazing rock, metal, acoustic, hip-hop and alternative bands such as My Morning Jacket, Neko Case, Sharon Jones & The Dap Kings, Kings of Leon and more.
The Challenge & Plan
In collaboration with Lizi Hagan and her Headliners team, Ben Wingrove (Etix) and Amanda Severs (Rockhouse Partners) outlined a plan to drive website visits and ticket purchases by optimizing ticketing and email marketing efforts. The plan featured two parts:
1. Design. Build. Measure.
- Customized a new email template.
- Confirmed its increased effectiveness by testing the new design against the old template.
2. Finalized & Fine-Tuned.
- Segmented the community database with Etix ticket-buyer data to identify the venue’s “Superfans” based on purchase amount, frequency and recency.
- Changed email frequency to target these ticket buyers and to avoid overloading the rest of the email list.
- Applied these tactics consistently to ongoing weekly emails.
Old Email Template vs New Email Template
Lizi and Headliners saw positive–and measurable–results:
- Email community growth: 60% growth in email database.
- More email channel engagement: 30% better email open rates & 79% increase in average click rates.
- More email-driven revenue: 221% increase in ticket revenue through email channel.
Spurred by these results, Lizi and Headliners are excited to implement other strategies and tactics in the near future including a new website and loyalty program. Stay tuned!