“Since we partnered up with Rockhouse Partners, our email reach has quadrupled! They showed us how to create emails that look great and build excitement. Ticket sales have grown beyond our expectations and our customers have given compliments that they enjoy receiving our weekly emails. I can’t say enough about how happy we are with the service they have provided.”
— Frank Hicks, Owner, Knuckleheads Saloon
Etix presents a Rockhouse Success Story: Knuckleheads Saloon
Knuckleheads Saloon is a popular destination on the Midwest touring circuit for both local and national talent. The saloon holds the honor of being “Kansas City’s premier roots music venue of the last 30 years” (Bill Brownlee, KC Star) and has been voted KC’s Best Live Music Venue for the past 11 years!
Despite it’s well-established name, Knuckleheads’ did not have an email marketing strategu until 12 weeks ago when they contacted Rockhouse Partners. Our team at Etix used this opportunity to take advantage of the valuable ticket-buyer information that they already owned through Etix – giving them the tools to send beautiful, custom emails to their loyal fans.
Zack Wright – Account Manager, Rockhouse Partners
Frank Hicks – Owner, Knuckleheads Saloon
Julie Estep – “Jill of all Trades”, Knuckleheads Saloon
Marshall Pred – Director of Business Development, Etix
- In the initial 12 weeks working with Knuckleheads, email increased from 0% to over 14% of the venue’s total revenue.
- Specific email campaigns have accounted for almost 30% of weekly venue revenue.
- Knuckleheads is seeing an average open rate of 40.7% (2.6x the industry average) and an average click rate of 7.2% (4.8x the industry average).
What We Did
- Imported relevant customer information spanning the past 18 months.
- Delivered a “Welcome” email as the first campaign, informing subscribers of the content they will be receiving and giving them the choice to opt out.
- Designed and built a template for weekly emails that is simple and responsive for both desktop and mobile devices.
- Sent weekly emails that updated subscribers on show announcements, on-sales, and upcoming events for the week.