Founded in 2000, Etix is an international web-based ticketing service provider for the entertainment, travel, and sports industries, processing over 50 million tickets per year in 40 countries. As the largest independent ticketing company in North America, Etix provides flexible and secure online and box office ticketing solutions, integrated digital marketing services, and robust e-commerce fulfillment to over 2,000 venues, theaters, arenas, festivals, fairs, performing arts centers, and multi-use facilities.
Etix seeks to add a mid-to-senior-level front end engineer to our growing team. At Etix, you will have the opportunity to apply your talents in an established, dynamic environment that will offer you exciting challenges and growth opportunities. This position reports to the VP of Engineering.
The chosen candidate will be a proven self-starter, able to take high-level written and verbal instruction and deliver results that exceed expectations. You are passionate about your work and want to grow personally and professionally. You will work on solving interesting technical and UX challenges, including ways to improve customer (B2C) ticket purchase flows and client (B2B) ticket selling and reporting interfaces. You are good at actively handling many projects simultaneously while keeping internal and external stakeholders well-informed of progress.
- Developing, testing, and maintaining robust, scalable, high-quality code for our ticketing services platform and customer-facing product
- Staying up-to-date with the latest software and programming language releases and leading the development of strategies for upgrades and migrations when necessary, including developing proof-of-concept prototypes
- Mentoring and teaching techniques, processes and technologies to others
SKILLS / EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- 3-5 years experience working with frameworks in a rapid product development environment
- Significant experience with:
- HTML5, CSS3
- UI Design (Both Mobile and Desktop)
- Modern workflows and processes (gulp/grunt/webpack, automated testing such as Selenium, git/maven/Jenkins, CI/CD)
- RESTful APIs
- Proficiency in managing project scope, time, quality, stakeholders, and risk
- The drive to build clean, intuitive web pages and applications
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; the ability to interact positively with clients of varying type and patience levels
- Comfortable communicating with non-technical people and explaining technical concepts in a non-technical manner
- Experience with venue management, ticketing, or e-commerce web applications a plus
- No sponsorship or H1B situations can be accommodated
- Relocation is not available for this position
Etix provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Etix complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Email resume & cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Front End Engineer.”