Founded in 2000, Etix is an international web-based ticketing service provider for the entertainment, travel and sports industries, processing over 50 million tickets per year in 40 countries. As the largest independent ticketing company in North America, Etix provides flexible and secure online and box office ticketing solutions, integrated digital marketing services and robust e-commerce fulfillment to over 1,800 venues, theaters, arenas, festivals, fairs, performing arts centers and multi-use facilities.
Etix seeks to add a mid‐level, full stack Java Developer to our growing technology team. At Etix, you will have the opportunity to apply your talents at an established, high‐scale transactional environment that can offer you deep technical challenges and growth opportunities. This position reports to the VP of Development.
The best candidate will be a proven self starter, able to take high‐level written and verbal instruction and convert them into quality code quickly and independently. You love using the best tool for the job, whether it’s brand new or tried and true. You care passionately about the applications you build, from internal architecture to the user experience, and can articulate why you make the decisions you make and what the alternatives might be. The best candidate will be someone who takes pride in authorship and enjoys learning new technologies.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop, test, and maintain robust, scalable, high quality code for our ticketing services platform and customer-facing products
- Assume a leadership role, dedicating significant time to reviewing and improving code written by other Etix engineers.
- Contribute to continuous improvement of our software development best practices across the technology stack (from front end to database), and across the development cycle
- Participate in requirements gathering and functional specification activities and provide feedback on implementation feasibility as well as navigable prototypes/mockups
- Take high-level written and verbal requirements and convert them into quality code, quickly and independently
- Communicate effectively and in a professional manner
- 4 to 6 years of Java web application development and architecture
- Experience with mature frameworks/APIs of Java EE, such as JSF, JPA, CDI, Jax-RS
- Thorough understanding of RDBMS, normalization and interacting with data directly via SQL (Oracle or Postgres experience preferred)
- Web server (Apache Tomcat or JBoss/WildFly)
- Linux (Ubuntu, RHEL, Centos or equivalent)
- Jenkins, Maven, Docker, Git a plus
- JSON, XML, Design Patterns and web development frameworks a plus
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; the ability to present cost-benefit data and recommendations to a diverse set of stakeholders
Etix provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Etix complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Email resume & cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line “Software Engineer.”