Case Study: North Carolina Museum of Art
“We worked with the Etix and Rockhouse Partners teams to develop a contesting strategy that helped us achieve our goals of promoting our Summer Concert Series and growing our email database.”
– Jimmy Nguyen, Digital Marketing Specialist, North Carolina Museum of Art
- Organically grow the NCMA email database through a well-crafted contesting strategy.
- Promote awareness for the Summer Concert Series to drive website traffic and increase ticket sales.
- Increase fan engagement through social media integration, including Facebook and Twitter.
1. Strategy & Planning
- Working with the North Carolina Museum of Art, Rockhouse helped develop a contesting timeline to organically collect email addresses and drive awareness for the popular Summer Concert Series.
2. Designed, Built & Measured
- Created simple contesting forms to capture essential fan information (email, name, phone number).
- Designed custom graphics tailored for each performance to promote awareness for specific shows and artists.
- Incorporated specialized sharing functionality to increase social reach and drive more contest entries.
3. Finalized & Fine-tuned.
- Integrated with NCMA’s Facebook timeline using “fan-gated” functionality to increase fans of the page.
- A larger email database: 1,100 total email addresses collected through contesting.
- More engagement and traffic: 2,000+ tracked clicks to contest forms.
- A growing social audience: 42% increase in Facebook following since implementing contesting in 2013.
- Maintain engagement by sending segmented emails to contest entrants after the contest ends to drive ticket sales for concert performances.
- Knowing that “Welcome” emails produce 4x the open rates of standard promotional campaigns, send an automated welcome email to all contest entrants.