Case Study: Savannah Civic Center
“Our partnership with Etix & Rockhouse Partners has exponentially expanded our reach throughout the region. With their help, we’ve been able to rebrand our website, enhance our social media opportunities, and most importantly, reach potential visitors who were not familiar with our venue. We value our relationship with Etix & Rockhouse Partners and look forward to our future endeavors.”
– Yogi Holman, Director of Savannah Civic Center
Creating a Database That Sells Tickets
- Yogi Holman, Savannah Civic Center
- Krister Larsson, Etix
- Amanda Severs, Rockhouse Partners
The Challenge: Starting from Scratch
- Combine Ticket & Marketing Strategies to sell more tickets & build a community database.
- Optimize Email Marketing Efforts to drive engagement and increase brand awareness.
- Drive Traffic & Results from Email to increase sales, deliver metrics, and build ROI.
The Execution: Strategy. Creation. Measurement.
1. Strategy & Planning
- Started from the ground up with the Savannah Civic Center management team to strategize, set up and grow an email marketing database for their two venues: Johnny Mercer Theatre and Martin Luther King, Jr. Arena.
2. Design. Build. Measure.
- Set up MailChimp account, including creation of email templates and structure of subscriber lists.
- Created and managed all email campaigns, including pre-sales, on-sales, and monthly email newsletters.
3. Finalize & Fine-Tune
- Using tracking codes and ticket buyer data, we increased ticket revenue and further segmented email lists to target specific audiences and key purchasers.
- More Revenue Through Email: 124% increase in year-over-year ticket sales through email.
- Email List Growth: Grew database from 0 to 43,823 subscribers.
- Exceed Industry Standards: Average open (24%) and click rates (6%) are 30% and 200% above industry averages, respectively.
- Template Updates & Optimization
- Further Segmentation: Genres & Interests
- Post-Event “Thank You” Emails